Mike Roberts has over 20 years experience in reputation and brand management, strategic communications, and stakeholder engagement. He has held senior positions in both the private and public sectors, and has a successful track record in building relationships between Governments and companies operating in heavily regulated business sectors. He has worked on a succession of major transport infrastructure projects. Mike is currently a member of the Major Transport Infrastructure Board, which advises on the delivery of over $16 billion worth of investment by the Victorian Government in Melbourne’s rail and road networks, including level crossing removals and the Melbourne Metro Rail Tunnel.
Mike has advised company chairmen, CEOs and Government Ministers and has specialist skills in public presentation, media training and preparation for appearances before Parliamentary inquiries and other tribunals. He has headed the Corporate Affairs function for a major ASX listed company as well as political offices for Australian State and Federal Ministers.
Relevant work experience
- Director, Major Transport Infrastructure Board , 2015 – present
- Director, Regional Rail Link Authority, 2010 – 2014
- Director, VicUrban, 2009 – 2011
- Strategic Communications and Stakeholder Engagement consultant, 2008 – present
- Group General Manager Corporate Relations and Strategic Marketing, Transurban, 2001 – 2008
- Director and Principal Consultant, Roberts Trelford Consulting, 1993 – 2001
- Advisor/Chief of Staff, Minister for Industry, Technology and Commerce 1990 – 1993
- Principal Press Secretary/ Director Media Unit, Premier of Victoria, 1986 – 1990